vtCompose is PHP 5 framework written with intensions to make web development easier. However its goals are rather computational efficiency, code cleanliness, uniformity and security.
The framework is not available as is at this moment, it's used on websites under my development.
Here is a list of what vtCompose supports so far. It isn't too long list yet as every functionality is added by the time it's actually needed.
- complex database abstraction layer supporting PostgreSQL connections
- template system based on XSLT
- static (PHP code level) and dynamic (database level) configuring
- many useful methods and classes providing common operations such as cookie manipulations or sending e-mails
- sophisticated error and exception handling routines